🌍Remote: UK/EU timezone
Please note we do not offer visa sponsorship
🤓 Full time
We are Ecologi, a social enterprise and market leader in the climate action space. We provide innovative and progressive tools for people to act on climate: a subscription service to reverse climate change; a marketplace for climate solutions; and most recently our real-time carbon footprinting for business.
Our mission is to avoid 50% of global emissions by 2040. The question is, how are we going to do this? Firstly, by protecting nature and supporting the best in carbon offset programmes (like protecting the Amazon Rainforest). And secondly, planting trees in the places and habitats that need them.
As a team we’re easy going and we take great pride in our work. From brand and marketing to product development and climate impact, we’re all striving to move the needle on the climate emergency. We celebrate our milestones and we have get-togethers every quarter (restrictions permitting!). Our culture is about pulling together, helping one another, about putting forward good ideas and feeling part of something bigger than yourself.
With our 25,000+ strong subscriber base, we’re now funding 1 million trees every few weeks. Impressive, but our goal is to fund billions of trees a month.
Do you think you can help us achieve this?
Diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunities employer. We are looking for shining stars and diamonds in the rough, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, age or any other grounds. If there are any adjustments you need to help you bring your best self to an interview with us please let us know.
About the role
Our ideal candidate is someone with extensive React, TypesScript, and Node experience and any experience with AWS and serverless will also be favourable.
You’ll be working in a small production team on building out an exciting new product which aims to provide real-time carbon footprinting to thousands of businesses and for which there is great excitement in the market. 95% of our 8000 business customers have been asking for this new feature so you will have the opportunity to work on a product that is very current and will help to identify those areas in which businesses can reduce their carbon footprint and which has the potential to be hugely innovative. We call it Ecologi Zero and you can find out more about it here: https://ecologi.com/zero.
From a tech perspective we’re going all out on serverless platforms and some of the technologies you’ll get to play with are AWS Lambdas, Apollo Server, Serverless Stack (SST), GraphQL, PlanetScale DB, Prisma.io, Next.js and Seed (for CI/CD).
It’s essential that you have an eye for detail to help keep our industry-leading design and UX in top shape. You will be instrumental in developing and shaping how the platform changes as we grow, and we are looking for someone who is not afraid to get their hands dirty and will steer us in the right direction regarding best coding practices.
- Build new pages/widgets for Ecologi Zero (React NextJS)
- Build new product features/APIs (GraphQL, AWS, Serverless Stack, React NextJS)
- Expanding our core component library (React + Storybook)
- Writing fast and effective unit tests (Jest)
- Stay up-to-date with technology trends
- Discussion about large code and infrastructure decisions (serverless, GraphQL, AWS)
- Proven work experience as a React web developer
- Experience with Typescript
- Proficient with git and GitHub (branching, pull-requests etc.)
- Serverless and GraphQL experience
- Ability to quickly learn new skills/technologies
- Ability to manage time and effectively work and communicate remotely
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Trustworthy and not afraid to ask questions when uncertain
- Excellent writing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Experience with AWS is preferred but not required