🌍 US Remote (HQ in Bristol, United Kingdom)
🤓 Full time
💳 $55k-$66k (depending on experience) with uncapped commission
This role is all about increasing Ecologi’s growth in the e-commerce space and planting billions of trees together with the partners you attract. It’s sales, relationship building and climate action all wrapped up in a bundle of the-most-meaningful-work-you’ll-ever-do.
We are Ecologi, now considered the market leader in collective climate action. We are a social enterprise with BCorp Status who provide innovative and progressive tools: a subscription service to reverse climate change; a marketplace for climate action; and a tool for real-time carbon footprinting for business. Our mission is to avoid 50% of projected global emissions by 2040. The question is, how are we going to do this? Firstly, by rapidly helping businesses decarbonise their supply chain. And secondly, by supporting the world's best climate projects (like protecting the Amazon Rainforest) through our community carbon fund.
As a team, we’re easy going and we take great pride in our work. From brand and marketing to product development and climate impact, we’re all striving to move the needle on the climate emergency. Our culture is about pulling together, helping one another, putting forward good ideas and feeling part of something bigger than yourself.
With our 40,000 strong subscriber base, we’re now funding 1 million trees every few weeks. Impressive, but we’re only just getting started. Our goal is to fund billions of trees a month.Are you the right person to help us achieve this?
About the role
Why e-commerce? We not only run a subscription service for the planet, we also have APIs and plugins that allow for all kinds of creative implementations of tree planting.
Popular implementations include: A tree for every sale, carbon offsets whenever somebody signs up for a newsletter, and planting trees when people play your game. There are an infinite number of possibilities.
Since the start, we’ve attracted some pretty amazing e-commerce companies such as Hasbro, AXA, Lucy and Yak, and many others but we know there’s a huge pool of companies out there looking for this product, who are increasingly keen to do more for the planet and showcase their environmental credentials.
Love the thought of making climate action simple & affordable for all businesses? Keep on reading.
This role has a lot of freedom. You are measured in results, not the time you spend “working”. In other words, we want your ingenuity as much as your sales savvy.
This is a full-cycle role with a bias towards hunting. If you are afraid of the phone you shouldn’t apply. Every day you will be building a new pipeline, moving the existing pipeline forward, helping your existing customer base do even more for the planet, and collaborating with colleagues to find more efficient and joyful ways of working.
In our team, you are expected to both give and receive candid feedback. This is a low-ego workplace that values candid and direct feedback.
We are looking for an empathetic, driven, manager of one, a self-motivated hunter that is intimately familiar with the ups and downs of the sales cycle.
You have a growth mindset and use adversity as data for learning. You love connecting with people, conjuring up opportunities, helping others and constantly expanding your network.
You pick up the phone, fire up your favorite sequencer, connect through LinkedIn and have meaningful discovery calls that your prospects would gladly pay for.
You are passionate about tackling climate change, understand the technicalities of this challenge and hold your own in a discussion about climate solutions.
Your sales career to date is packed with insights and learning. You comfortably communicate at all different levels of organisations and are scientific about improving your craft.
What you’ll be doing every day:
- On a daily basis, represent the Ecologi brand and promote our platform and services to our Ideal Customer Profile, which consists of sustainability related roles, marketing roles, and HR, at companies between 250 - 1000+ full time employees
- This is a high performance, individual contributor role, with the primary task of increasing client sign ups to our platform. Your main task and only daily goal is to book qualified demos with prospects, hit sales KPIs, and close sales
- Contacting potential client firms through cold calls, emails or LinkedIn
- Researching and sourcing lists of US based firms
- Identify & qualify client needs & challenges
- Build relationships with potential clients for potential upsell opportunities
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the local market
- Report to the VP of Sales on activity and pipeline
What you bring to the table:
- Previous experience in a sales role with exposure to the sales cycle
- Strong communication skills to ensure Ecologi’s value proposition is communicated in a concise and powerful manner, leading to client demos
- Competitive, self-driven individual
- Personable, with good soft skills
- Ambitious and resilient
- Confident at speaking to Director and above level
- Organized & process driven
- Desire to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think quickly
Ideally, you also have experience with:
“Hunting” business development experience in any industry is an asset
Hubspot CRM and other sales enablement tools that are traditionally used
Cold Calls with a target number of calls to be made on weekly basis
LinkedIn sales navigator experience for prospecting
Diversity and inclusion
We are looking for shining stars and diamonds in the rough, and we’re committed to creating a diverse environment and all qualified applicants will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetics, national origin, disability, age or any other grounds.
If there are any adjustments you need to help you bring your best self to an interview with us please let us know.